Qualified students and community members can have their tax return prepared AT NO CHARGE by trained student and community volunteers.
What is the UNL Tax Credit Campaign?
The UNL Tax Credit Campaign prepares tax returns for low-income, working families and students for free. It is sponsored by the University of Nebraska–Lincoln's Center for Civic Engagement in conjunction with the Lincoln EITC Coalition.
Sign up for an Appointment
Lincoln VITA offers tax appointments for United States residents and for international visitors. Tax appointments begin late January and run through April 9th and are available at multiple sites in the Lincoln area. To see the days and times for all the locations, please download the site schedule.
Documents to Bring
- Social Security Card and photo identification
- Social Security numbers and birth dates for all dependents
- Forms W-2 and all other income forms (ex: 1099-MISC, 1099-R, etc.)
- Banking information for deposit/debit, routing number and account number
- Tax identification numbers for any and all daycare providers
- If filing jointly, both you and your spouse must be present to sign the return
- If a college student, you must bring your 1098T and student account information showing payment of tuition and qualified fees