Qualified students and community members can have their tax return prepared AT NO CHARGE by trained student and community volunteers.
What is the UNL Tax Credit Campaign?
Sign up for an Appointment
Resident appointments begin January 20th and run through April 11th. Tax Appointments for International Student Scholars begin March 5th and run through April 9th. Appointments are available at the following sites: Nebraska East Union, Anderson Library, Center for People in Need, Loren Eiseley Library, and Bennett Martin Library. To see the days and times for all the locations, please download the site schedule.
Documents to Bring
- Social Security Card and photo identification
- Social Security numbers and birth dates for all dependents
- Forms W-2 and all other income forms for 2017 (ex: 1099-MISC, 1099-R, etc.)
- Banking information for deposit/debit, routing number and account number
- Tax identification numbers for any and all daycare providers
- Spouse, if filing jointly (both must be present to sign the return)
- If a college student, you must bring your 1098T and student account information showing payment of tuition and qualified fees